“Anyone,” “anywhere” can enjoy a Square Foot garden (SFG). Children, adults with limited mobility, even complete novices can achieve spectacular results with this 231-page eBook, resulting in NO WORK, NO WEEDS, NO DIGGING and NO TOOLS NEEDED.
A Square Foot Garden allows you to:
The original SFG book sold over a million copies but now after 25 years, the author has made Ten Major new Improvements to the original SFG method:
- New Location – Move your garden closer to your house by eliminating single-row gardening. Square Foot Garden needs just “twenty percent” of the space of a traditional garden.
- New Direction – Locate your garden “on top” of existing soil. Forget about pH soil tests, double-digging (who enjoys that?), or the never-ending soil improvements.
- New Soil – The new “Mel’s Mix” is the perfect growing mix. Why, we even give you the recipe. Best of all, you can even “buy” the different types of compost needed.
- New Depth – You only need to prepare a SFG box to a depth of 6 inches! It’s true–the majority of plants develop just fine when grown at this depth.
- No Fertilizer – The all new SFG does not need any fertilizer-ever! If you start with the perfect soil mix, then you don’t need to add fertilizer.
- New Boxes – The new method uses bottomless boxes placed aboveground. We show you how to build your own (with step-by-step photos).
- New Aisles – The ideal gardening aisle width is about three to four feet. That makes it even easier to kneel, work, and harvest.
- New Grids – Prominent and permanent grids added to your SFG box help you visualize the planting squares and know how to space for maximum harvest.
- New Seed Saving Idea – The old-fashioned way advocates planting many seeds and then thinning the extras (that means pulling them up). The new method means planting a pinch- literally two or three seeds–per planting hole.
- Tabletop Gardens – The new boxes are so much smaller and lighter (only 6 inches of soil, remember?), you can add a plywood bottom to make them portable.
View eBook in fullscreen by clicking icon below | Click to view on ISSUU website